Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Year Without Christmas!
By: Hannah!
I still remember the year without Christmas.  I decided to write a story and try to get it published.  My name is Jessica.   I am old, I may need some time to think…

Here we go!  The year was 3015.  I was 12.  As you probably guessed I did not believe in Santa Claus. 
On Christmas Eve, I was baking cookies.  At the North Pole Santa, was sick.  How do I know that? You will find out later.  Santa could not hire a substitute like he did in the past years.  It was too late to hire a substitute this year. I still don’t know why.  All the kids were expecting Santa Claus to come and give them presents.  Since I didn’t believe in him, I made a bet with my friend.  If Santa came to my house and put presents under the tree, I would have to tell him that I did not believe in him.  If he didn’t come, she would have to look for him next year.  
On Christmas Eve, I was up waiting for Santa and was drinking some coffee to stay awake.  At about midnight I heard something, but it was just my dog.  Then in the morning, I found myself asleep.  I looked under the tree.  Noooooo presents!  Even though I wanted to believe in Santa, I thought he wasn’t real, but now I know he is real.
Then the next year, I made the same bet.  I stayed up all night until I saw…HIM!!
Santa saw me, put the presents under the tree, winked, and then left.  I lost the bet. 
When I was older I got a job as a teacher.  Then he came and gave presents to all the children!   He is a couple years older than me.  I still can’t tell you why I know that. 
When I got to know him better he asked me to marry him.  I said yes.
So now, if you haven’t already caught on, I am Mrs. Claus.   After we got married, he apologized for missing Christmas that year. 

And that is the story (or at least I think it is) of the year without Christmas!


THE END!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment